Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

ALEC PR Strategy - How's That Working Out For Ya?


Ya know – this morning brought about an interesting find.
This was posted on a webpage named the Conservative Patriot.
YESTERDAY

This web posting from yesterday falls almost three months after the launch of a webpage that is described last month as:
Two months after it was first announced, the "I Stand With ALEC" website supporting the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) has finally gone live -- and it is underwhelming.


So when I read this snip from the webpage of the Conservative Patriot webpage
from YESTERDAY
 – needless to say I am a little more than a bit skeptical
Here it is:
Now, it’s arguable whether or not it’s because of the lefties online pressure campaign (probably not, in most cases), but they’re taking credit for it anyhow.  Which is why Grover Norquist and I set up a companion online petition website in SUPPORT of ALEC.

To join us and support pro-business public policies, please go to www.IStandwithALEC.com and sign the petition supporting ALEC today.

The posting is by Lee R Gibbons and I found out the following about Mr. Gibbons –
I am a native of Mobile, Alabama have lived in California for over 40 years and now reside in North Las Vegas, Nevada.

After sustaining 2 strokes, one in 1995 and the other in 1998, I retired from the Collection Agency business. I have been a jack of many trades as I drove racing cars, played professional/semi professional football, owned and operated an automobile dealership, was the CEO/CFO of an Industrial Security firm, and ran a Republican Congressional campaign.

I am now an Ordained non-denominational Christian Minister and e mail an estimated 80 Sunday Sermons weekly to many home-bound Christians that are unable to travel to church.

I am a person that gets involved by writing Letters to the Editor about political matters and manage to have an average of two (2) printed monthly in the Las Vegas Sun. This 'rag' is most Liberal and I enjoy reading the almost rabid responses to my letters.

“Grover Norquist and I set up a companion online petition website”
He is working with ALEC member Grover Norquist – really?

Bless his soul –
– gotta be in a big $$$$ league to get that distinction 
– or a really important ALEC member.

Not to disparage Mr. Gibbons 
– but maybe he’s been standing in the Nevada sun for an hour or two longer than he should have.

Or maybe
– Grover Norquist and
– ALEC and
– Edelman, their new PR firm
are getting really, really , really desperate

The over two month old ALEC/Edelman PR campaign
“How’s that hopey-changey thing working out for ya?”

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment