Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Why MN Primaries will have a 10% Turnout


Tomorrow - Tuesday, August 14 - is primary day in Minnesota.
They are projecting that approximately one in ten eligible voters will go to the polls for the primaries.

I had to figure out who was running the primaries and why I should be going to the polls.
And guess what – I can’t easily find any information on who is in the primaries.
That is probably why one in ten eligible voters will be at the polls tomorrow – only the close friends and family of the candidates – cause none of the rest of us can find any information about the primary.

Now when you figure that I spend a huge amount of time researching stuff on the internet – you’d figure that finding the information would be a snap – NOPE!


Found this in an article about the primaries:
"You can actually go the website -- it's just 'MNVote.org' -- and you can, in that website, type in your address and find out where you're supposed to go vote," Ritchie says. "Maybe it's changed, maybe it's the same, but it will tell you. Second, you can double-check your registration."

I know where to vote 
– I DON’T know why I should go there to vote in the primary –

Hoping I could get some info on the primaries

I keyed into the search bar
Mnvote.org
And I got this:


BUY THIS DOMAIN

Should have been
Mnvotes.org

Keyed that in – got this


Nothing about the primaries
NOTHING

So I looked again


Nothing about the primaries
NOTHING
Absolutely nothing to help a voter find out why they should go to the polls tomorrow.

Googled Minnesota Primary Ballot
NOTHING

Went to the MN League of Women Voters
Found this:
Nothing about the primaries - except the date
Which I already know 
NOTHING


NOTHING
NOTHING
NOTHING
NOTHING
NOTHING
NOTHING
NOTHING

That is probably why one in ten eligible voters will be at the polls tomorrow
 – only the close friends and family of the candidates
 – cause none of the rest of us can find any information about the primary

No comments:

Post a Comment