Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Was Mitt Talking to ALEC???

It seemed interesting to me (in retrospect) that when Mitt-Wit was commenting on "the economy" at the debate on Wednesday night.

What things would I cut from spending? Well, first of all, I will eliminate all programs by this test, if they don't pass it: Is the program so critical it's worth borrowing money from China to pay for it? And if not, I'll get rid of it. Obamacare's on my list.

I apologize, Mr. President. I use that term with all respect, by the way.

OBAMA: I like it.

ROMNEY: Good. OK, good. So I'll get rid of that.

I'm sorry, Jim, I'm going to stop the subsidy to PBS. I'm going to stop other things. I like PBS, I love Big Bird. Actually like you, too. But I'm not going to -- I'm not going to keep on spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for. That's number one.

Oh, by the way
- PBS broadcasted
- the Moyers expose' of ALEC last weekend.

Coincidence that PBS would be the second thing Romney would mention - of all the things in the world that Mitt-Wit could choose to cut, that he would kick to the curb - the very first thing after Obamacare would be PBS?

And be so rude that he would pick it as the second thing most important with Lehrer sitting right there in front of him?

Coincidence ?
Sorry - I don't believe in coincidence anymore.

If you have not watched the Moyers
"The United States of ALEC" expose' yet
- you can watch the 30 minute special

No comments:

Post a Comment